Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director/CEO, the Legal Officer, will be responsible for:
i. Provide guidance to the Board of Directors on their duties, responsibilities and powers and how these should be exercised in the best interest of the Institute.
ii. Facilitate planning of all KIRDI Board of Management activities to ensure that they are aligned to the Institute’s strategies and all relevant Government Directives.
iii. Provide secretarial services to the Board including ensuring that the minutes of the Board and Board Committees are promptly prepared and circulated.
iv. Be the custodian of the seal of the Organization and maintain a record of its usage.
v. Offer guidance to the Institute on matters touching on investigations of the Institute by external agencies.
vi. Managing litigation and review progress of outstanding litigation; Liaise and manage external lawyers for the Institute;
vii. Ensure that Legal Audit Compliance is carried out to confirm legal compliance with national, regional and international legal requirements;
viii. Draft and review contracts, service level agreements, memorandum of understanding, leases and other legal documents to ensure compliance to statutory requirements and the Institute’s policies;
ix. Preparing quarterly legal reports;
x. Undertaking conveyancing of the Institute’s properties, and
xi. Carrying out any other duties that may be assigned.
Requirements: For appointment to the position of Legal Officer I, a candidate must have (be) :-
· Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB);
· Diploma in Legal Studies (Kenya School of Law);
· An advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
· Member of the Law Society of Kenya;
· At least four (4) years relevant work experience;
· Valid practicing Certificate;
· Certified Public Secretary (CS);
· Masters of Law is an added advantage;
· Computer Application skills;
· Demonstrated work performance and results, and
· Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
See more details in the attachment below:-