· Drawing contracts, agreements, leases, and any other legal instruments that the company enters into with third parties.
· Attending court hearings and representing the company in all legal matters.
· Preparing witnesses and the evidence as well as presenting the same in court while keeping an updated record of all court cases.
· Collaborating and corresponding with external advocates on all pending court cases.
· Attending to internal company queries of legal nature in the facilitation of normal business
· Deputizing the Company Secretary in the performance of company secretarial duties whenever called upon.
· At least ten (10) years working experience of which five (5) years’ must have been in management level.
· Bachelor’s degree in Law / Legal Studies from a recognized institution of higher learning
· Master’s degree in Law or business related is an added advantage.
· Certified Public Secretary (CPS –K)
· Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law
· Member of Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya in good standing
· Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. •
· Holds a valid practicing certificate.
· Member of the Law Society of Kenya.
· Working knowledge of ERP system
· Excellent case analysis and defense skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Good report writing and secretarial skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Supervisory skills
· High level of integrity